ss_blog_claim=4d59820d9eebe2726acd8eb8472f9cea

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Garmin, Garmin, where art thou?

You wouldn't think it would be so hard to find the Garmin GPS with heart rate monitor I've been drooling over these past few months. I set out tonight to find one locally, after pricing them online. Little did I know it would be a two hour venture!

First I visited Sportsmans Warehouse. They did have last year's model, but not the updated version that came out several months ago. I drove across town to Sports Authority, a sporting goods store, but they only had automobile GPS systems. Then I tried CompUSA, Best Buy, and 2 more sporting goods stores before giving up.

The one running store in the valley had long closed by this time, so I gave up and headed home. I really wanted to try the GPS heart rate monitor on before buying, but it looks like I'll be shopping at Amazon again tonight instead.