ss_blog_claim=4d59820d9eebe2726acd8eb8472f9cea

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

And you thought gift cards were boring.

I love gift cards, I really do. Some people say they're boring or impersonal. I say it beats the heck out of another crocheted toilet paper holder for the guest bathroom. I never complain about receiving a gift card. I enjoy selecting my own gift, and it's always something I enjoy & appreciate.

Now that I've got a teenage daughter, I have an even greater appreciation for gift cards. Straight A's? How about a bookstore gift card? Extra chores? Here's a gift card to the mall. I can even give her allowance in the form of a gift card.

MINT offers a Mint Gift Card that is a prepaid credit card. You can give one to your neighbor, your child's teacher, even your dentist. What better way to say thank you, and ensure that the recipient will love the gift?

MINT also offers the Mint Credit Card. This comes in one of two versions: the standard card, and the funky MC2 card. The MC2 card has the bottom right corner removed. How cool is that? Leave it to MINT to reinvent the shape of credit cards, something that hasn't happened in the UK for 37 years.

The Mint Credit Card offers 0% interest on balance transfers and purchases until December. If you blew the budget over the holidays (didn't we all?), this is a great way to save a little money on interest.

Take a look at the Mint credit card. You'll be glad you did.