ss_blog_claim=4d59820d9eebe2726acd8eb8472f9cea

Saturday, June 16, 2007

We loved Aspen Grove!

Remember when I told you about my vacation at Aspen Grove? I have to tell you, the place is pretty amazing. My kids had a blast and have asked me when we can return nearly every day since we've been home.

We stayed in a tiny cabin, just big enough for us to store our clothes and sleep. (We had 13 people sleeping there the first night!)

In the mornings we'd meet at the cafeteria for a buffet breakfast. Then we'd get ready for the day and drop the kids off at their groups around 9 am. Each age group had loads of activities planned throughout the day. We're reconvene at lunch time & spend time hearing what the different family members had done. There were crafts, swimming, a ropes course, fishing, you name it and they probably had it. After lunch the kids would go back to groups & the adults would choose from various activities. I had my nursling with me (she didn't want to go to her group) so there were some things that I couldn't easily participate in. Even so, I had fun sitting around and visiting with the other grownups. Dinner was served in the cafeteria and the food was pretty good. Each night there were various family activities: skits, programs put on by the kids, badminton tournaments, pool, the list goes on and on.

Aspen Grove is going to be a yearly tradition for our family. It was so much fun.