ss_blog_claim=4d59820d9eebe2726acd8eb8472f9cea

Friday, June 22, 2007

Ever wished you could design your own sandcastle?

I know I did. As a kid I felt like I'd been cheated out of something, not living anywhere near a beach. The one summer we did go on a vacation to California, the weather was chilly and building a sandcastle wasn't even remotely an option.

I'm a grown up now, but I still love sandcastles. I still hope to build one someday, on a beach somewhere, on vacation. Until that time comes, I'll have to settle for building one at www.virtualsandcastle.com Tonight seemed like the perfect time to check it out, since the rest of the family is away at Scout camp.

The website has a fun interactive tool that allows you to Build A Sandcastle and decorate it any way you like. I know my kids will even get a kick out of this when I show them.

Building a sandcastle couldn't be easier. Everything is self explanatory. There's a click and drag tool, various flags and accessories, even a tool to color the sand. (I like the natural look, personally.)

If you want to send a fun e-card to family or friends, or if your kids just need an easy summer activity, send them to the website where they can Build A Sandcastle of their very own.

And now for the finished product.....drumroll please....



(Did I mention that the website is also a great source of information for your next family vacation?)