ss_blog_claim=4d59820d9eebe2726acd8eb8472f9cea

Saturday, June 16, 2007

1-800-no-drugs

As a parent, I'm aware of the many problems that youth today face. There are some days that the idea of my kids growing up in this world just about scares my socks off.

As a teenager, I had several friends with severe drug addictions. In fact a boy that I dated for 3+ years eventually overdosed on heroin about 10 years after we broke up. So drugs is one issue that is close to my heart, and I wish there was more I could do to protect our children from its grip.

1800nodrugs is a non-profit rehabilitation referral program. You can call their number any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and speak to a caring member of the staff who will help you to find a rehabilitation program for yourself, or for the person you love. The company prides itself on helping individuals find a drug rehab program that will meet their needs.

In addition the website offers information on various forms of addiction, resources, and relapse prevention. I am grateful that programs like this exist, and I hope that you will check out their website.