ss_blog_claim=4d59820d9eebe2726acd8eb8472f9cea

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

This is pretty exciting.

I didn't think it was possible to get excited about Black Friday. Sure, I did, in the beginning. It didn't take me long to realize that the crowds and the chaos just weren't worth the money I saved. (In my opinion.)

Black Friday is the name given to the day after Thanksgiving. It's the biggest shopping day of the year, with amazing deals, and amazing crowds to go along with.

A few years ago a brother in law wanted one of the dirt cheap laptops that Circuit City was selling. He arrived at the store the night before Black Friday, and sure enough! He got his laptop. It was a screaming deal but he had to stand in line all night for it.

I admit, occasionally I think about going out & just seeing if anything has changed. But I never do, and I never have any regrets.

There's a website that will change the way you think about Black Friday. At Black-Friday.net there are no lines. No one to trample over your feet, no being squished up against someone with a bad case of body odor. Just the comfort of your PJs and a steaming cup of hot cocoa (with whipped cream, of course).

At Black-Friday.net you enter your zip code and you'll receive email updates when ads from your area are posted. How cool is that? Then you can see the Ikea ads, for example, or the ad for Kohl's, or even a list of the Sam's Club specials.

It's been years since I've been this excited about Black Friday. I can't wait to sign up at the website for access to all of the 2007 thanksgiving specials.